Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Social Media Update (3)

I haven't written one of these since Sept 2012 - New Year is a good time to view the progress.

When I began in June I had 200 connections on linked-in, 3 on Twitter, none on Google+.  Lets see.  I now have 1,059 on Twitter, 689 on Linked-in and hmmm (I've never checked on G+) 13 are following me.  I've also started a series on youtube - my best video has 131 views - not exactly Lady Gaga but double the average video.

I've also revised my book, Spinning Straw into Gold adding about 35% more pages and even more pictures.  I learned how to convert it to Kindle, post and promote on Amazon.com and there have been over 300 copies downloaded.  It is the number one book on RFM on Amazon.com #2 Database Marketing on Kindle.  Even more interesting (to me) is that I have several posts on http://migmar.com which have over 7,500 views.  Then again, that hasn't generated that many calls.

While I feel like I have learned an immense amount.  It does not seem to have translated into any kind of return on investment.  I can see why so many industry leaders are still below the radar in social media.  For the moment, all of you, my faithful followers, can see my creative posts without cost or obligation.

No comments: