Friday, May 24, 2013

If a Marketer SHOUTS on Twitter... does he make a sound?

Thanks to the folks at Integrated Marketing as well as the genius of Tom Fishburne. 
I use hootsuite to make such nonsense simple, quick and easy. I trust you enjoy it!



























I've spent approximately a year digging into Inbound Marketing. I regularly top 80 search hits per day on Linkedin. Nevertheless, I often step back and wonder if we have merely turned up the noise. Obviously I'm getting better at making noise... but am I accomplishing any more. After over 2 decades in database marketing and modeling (and many many victories) I see no more intelligently targeted mailing pieces penetrating my household.

In 1995, I was shocked that repeatedly my staff would send out broadcast email and fax messages riddled with errors. I tried, without much success, to get them to view email as real as a print brochure. I predicted that as marketing costs decreased - approaching nearly $0 - that the care taken in the message also approaches zero.

At least Tom gives us a laugh as we look at ourselves.  I hope someday I can be as successful.


1 comment:

Robert D. Hosken said...

I wonder about the same thing, John: Is there so much "static" on the Net that our message can't be heard because of the background noise? My websites get about 1000 visits/day, but relatively little feedback, maybe 3-4 per week.